As an energetic London-based social research agency, we are motivated by the changes our work can bring to policy and service design. We strive to be the best in all we do, setting our ambitions and quality far above standard research industry expectations.
Our work is investigative, in-depth and can throw up findings that are challenging for our clients to hear. When we research a subject, we never rely solely on what people tell us, always using additional research techniques to reveal the full picture.
Of course, our work only has deep impact if we set the same ambition for the way we communicate our findings and their implications. This means tailoring them to the relevant audience(s) and being absolutely clear what we need to say and how we should say it.
To help drive this commitment we are looking for a confident and versatile writer who cares passionately about the power of words to win hearts and minds, and who wants to make a difference.
This is a rare opportunity – research agencies don’t usually employ writers and writers don’t often have the chance to be involved in such impactful and rewarding work.
In this role you will be fully immersed in understanding the research insights and charged with communicating them so they are rich, robust and highly impactful. Your focus will be communicating our work in print and digitally for a variety of clients, including government departments, national regulators, charities and private sector organisations.
Recently published work includes:
An innovative exploration for Ofcom revealing what children are watching online and why.
In-depth qualitative research exploring the experience of living with multiple long-term conditions and how they could be better supported for the Richmond Group of charities.
Independent research setting out a ‘behaviour change’ approach to improve initiatives to support safer gambling commissioned by the Senet Group.
Even when our clients don’t publish a report, we are often invited to write articles, such as this collaboration with our client Google, or present our work at conferences and events, and we envisage the writer would have a role in preparing or editing some of these materials too.
In keeping with our ethos to innovate and be the best in our field, we also have in-house film and animation teams and we hope the writer who joins us would also embrace working with them on scripts and concepts.
You will have plenty of initiative and enjoy working independently but also value team work, which is at the heart of our culture. You would work very closely with our Director of Impact and the owners of the business, as well as our creative designers, research and film teams. People who exhibit adaptability and flexibility within their job responsibilities and who are determined to drive change tend to thrive.
The role would suit a creative thinker with extremely high standards when crafting copy and editing other people’s writing. As a learning culture, we require someone who is committed to investing in their own development – no two projects are ever the same and we guarantee you will learn something new here every day.
While you must be able to demonstrate you have the skills and attitude to excel in this role, we do not have a pre-determined expectation of your experience to date. As with everything we do, we focus on the outcome. You may have worked in copywriting, journalism, marketing, communications, digital or social media – or you may have done something else entirely that you feel equips you for this role. As long as you can articulate how and why your skills make your suitable for this role, we would like to hear from you.
WORKING AT REVEALING REALITY:
We employ more than 45 people, having tripled our business over the last three years. We have an open and highly collaborative work environment, bringing together ambition, professionalism, integrity and creative and strategic thinking.
Based in Clapham Common (zone 2), five minutes from the Northern Line station, our office is in a newly refurbished and converted ballroom, with loads of light and a range of flexible work spaces, including breakout areas, a library, kitchen and creative thinking space.
It’s a sociable, friendly and energetic environment. Our work is only possible because we have committed and open-minded employees who are willing to brave new territory and deliver above client expectations. People that take initiative here are always recognised and rewarded.
We are confident and ambitious but never suffer arrogance. We care about each other just as we care the work we do.
But… it’s not all work
We balance our dedication to work with a commitment to looking after our people, offering perks including free daily breakfast, Friday night drinks, yoga, running club, strength training, socials, as many books as you can read, film, photography and book clubs.
OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION ABOUT THIS ROLE
- You will need a natural passion for communicating through words, be able to adapt your thinking and your style for each project and its relevant audience(s).
- You will enjoy experimenting and being creative, be open to feedback and relaxed about iterating your own ideas and those of your colleagues.
- You will be your work and open to being challenged as part of our drive to deliver the best work we can imagine and develop your skills at the same time. No one person can do the work that we produce, we have a strong team and iterative work culture.
- We will want you to help colleagues with their written work; demonstrating an attention to detail, and firm grasp of tone of voice, offering constructive valuable feedback where necessary to raise the standard of all written output.
- Along with creativity comes a need for strong organisational skills. We have deadlines to meet and problems to solve and often work at a fast pace in an environment of rapid growth. This is exciting and requires someone who energetic yet calm and positive under pressure.
- We are a professional but very friendly culture, it is essential that you share these traits along with excellent interpersonal skills, a down-to-earth manner and the ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with a diverse range of clients and colleagues.
- Our environment will suit best if you have an inquisitive and open mind and a thirst for learning. If this is you, we believe we offer an environment that will genuinely go a long way to feed your ambition.
- We love employing people who have a desire to add value to the business, show initiative to develop professional skills and be rewarded for their efforts.
- Being computer literate is a necessity. Having an excellent working knowledge of Word is essential. Knowledge of social media or CMS would be useful but is not a requirement.
HOW TO APPLY:
We are very excited about the difference this role will make to our business and although would love you to start ASAP, we will wait for the right person.
For the opportunity to join our amazing team, we want to understand a little more about your current thinking. Please email us at email@example.com, attaching your CV, covering letter (as separate documents to the main body of the email) and any links to relevant work examples.
Thank you for your interest.