We are looking for someone curious and ambitious to learn about running a successful business.
Maybe you don’t exactly know what you want to do right now but you are intelligent, with good problem-solving capabilities and natural people skills. You also know that you are willing to invest time today to reap rewards in the future. Today (and realistically over the course of the next 12-24 months) you get to join our fantastic Operations Team and use your strengths to work on projects focused on people; across culture, recruitment, development, events and more – all key areas that drive and enable the success of our growing company.
However, you are someone who will equally have your eye on ‘tomorrow’ knowing that you have the initiative and ambition to seize opportunities that this business can offer you in the, not so distant, future.
WORKING AT REVEALING REALITY
Based in Clapham Common (zone 2) 5 mins from the Northern Line tube and currently employing over 45 people (having tripled our business over the last 3 years), we are offering the chance to be a key part of something exciting. We are a rapidly growing team in a business that’s innovating, flexing and taking a position at the front of research and consultancy for industry leaders (such as Google, BBC, Sky, NHS, Ofcom and Macmillan Cancer Support).
You can see from the photos that our office is in a newly refurbished and converted ballroom. It’s a sociable, friendly and collaborative environment with a range of flexible workspaces, including breakout areas, a library, kitchen and creative thinking space.
We pride ourselves on being a highly innovative business, so this is much more than just a job. It is an opportunity to carve out a career that will allow you to prove yourself for greater things whilst working on some key people focused parts of the business. All the time learning about the business and yourself.
As an entrepreneurial spirited business, we are committed to rewarding people for being proactive in furthering their skills and responsibilities; so, we see huge scope for career growth in the near future and this role can easily develop in accordance with your own ambitions and the business requirements
We balance our commitment to work with a commitment to looking after our people, offering perks including free daily breakfast, Friday night drinks, yoga, strength training, socials, as many books as you can read, film, photography and book clubs.
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE:
This role joins a current team of six; it’s our Business Operations team and it really is at the heart of the business. Alongside working closely with your team members, you will be also be working with our Managing Director, leadership team and HR Partner.
There is structure to this role and to begin with it will focus on the people side of the business, covering all areas of culture, recruitment, on-boarding, personal development, finance, training and events.
Once you have mastered the role basics, we’d expect you to progress to more complex internal systems innovation, people management, project management and increased involvement in supporting the leadership team and helping shape the culture of the business.
At all times we would expect that you demonstrate a positive attitude and the enthusiasm to help enable continuous growth of a young company.
THE PEOPLE THAT DO WELL AT REVEALING REALITY
- The people that do very well here are those that are curious and want to learn, are hungry for opportunity and will question why they are doing things in a certain way.
- Naturally want to find solutions to problems and have a roll-up your sleeves attitude
- Our business is full of bright, motivated and ambitious people but there is no place here for arrogance. The people that thrive are ones that take ownership of their own development, learn by trying and often by making mistakes
- Are those that are looking for a career not just a job, relish being challenged and encouraged to think innovatively.
- Get their drive and energy from operating at a fast pace and thrive on solving problems in an evolving environment.
- Those that act with confidence and integrity – we promote a high-performance culture, but where the ability to instil trust is mandatory.
- Have a desire to add value to the business; showing initiative to develop professional skills and be rewarded for their efforts
- Demonstrate outstanding interpersonal skills, an ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a wide range of both colleagues and clients
- Are able to communicate effectively with excellent written and verbal skills
- Enjoy working independently, but strongly value team work – we have a strong team culture here and the people who exhibit adaptability and flexibility within their job responsibilities and who are determined to drive change, tend to thrive the most.
- Appreciate that being computer literate is a necessity and develop an excellent knowledge of smartphones, MS Office, inc Word, Excel and PowerPoint
HOW TO APPLY
We are very excited about growing our business and in particular, the Operations Team and the role is to start ASAP. For the opportunity to join our amazing team, please email email@example.com attaching your CV and covering letter (please attach both documents separately to the main body of the email).
We want to understand a little more about your current thinking, so please make sure that you submit a short paragraph explaining why you would make a great addition to team. (This is important and your application may not be considered without it)
Thank you for your interest.