Looking to develop your creative skills whilst contributing to social and positive change?
We are looking to invest in a budding creative with a degree in design, illustration, animation or similar creative fields. Someone open and excited about learning and developing a range of skillsets, who is motivated by exploring creative solutions to build and communicate stories that represent the lives of real people and help solve some of the biggest problems in our society today.
This is a diverse role, you’ll be expected to respond to a wide range of briefs—no medium is off limits. We create animation, film motion graphics, and illustrations—bringing conceptual ideas to life for a wide range of subjects and clients: from understanding underrepresented audience for the BBC, exploring the full spectrum of sports fans for Sky, revealing the home from hospital experience for the British Red Cross, developing a campaign for the health and wellbeing of front-line workers for the NHS, to calls to action for the Equality and Human Rights Commission about disability in the workplace.
We’ve created 2D illustrated animations for clients such as the Commonwealth Forum, designed report covers about subjects such as school exclusions, and worked with our research teams to distil complex ideas and maximise their impact on audiences.
We are NOT looking for flawless technical knowledge and technique, nor someone who is polished and believes they know it all. We are far more interested in someone with a willingness to harness the creative skills they do have, and an openness to experiment out of their comfort zone, to create the most inspiring outcome for a project. We know it’s not easy. Mistakes will be made. That’s part of the job. It’s how we learn and develop. We realise harnessing your skills and getting the best out of you is only possible if we do it together. You’ll be working within a supportive team of creative thinkers, film makers, storytellers and researchers and in an inspiring work environment, where no two days are ever the same.
We don’t hire people to get the job done. We invest in people who are curious about the world, want to learn and are invested in making positive change happen.
We are Revealing Reality, a social research and production agency. We realise you may not know much about who we are, but we are the people who:
- Ensure isolated people—from young people with learning disabilities through to middle-aged men at risk of suicide—are properly supported and connected within their local communities
- Are helping shape the UK’s approach to migration and asylum through research with service users across the world
- Inform the government’s strategy on protecting children online by exploring teens’ experiences of watching porn or sending nudes
- Are transforming the spectator experience of international football tournaments, from the World Cup to the Euros
- Are pressing for people in residential care homes to be able to stay connected using internet-enabled technologies.
We influence policymakers, designers and strategists. Our work is diverse, spanning health, media and technology, environmental policy, finance and beyond.
All our projects start with research because without a solid understanding of how the world works, there is little hope of making it better. But research does little on its own—that’s what makes us so unique—we look to actually solve problems using design, innovation and visual communication to enable and inspire change. We also know how to have fun doing it.
Required skills, attitude and experience
- A degree in a relevant design subject such as graphic design, illustration, animation or similar
- Ability to articulate the importance of design and graphics
- Varied portfolio that demonstrates adaptability across different disciplines
- Curiosity in the world and people around us
- A can do attitude who isn’t afraid to get stuck into a wide range of projects
- A good team player who is able to work with other creatives but also people who are in different job roles
- A good understanding across all of the Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, after effects and premiere pro
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate succinctly and effectively
- A storyteller
- Unflappable and reliable under pressure
- Strong eye for good design, in terms of layouts, composition, colour and typography
How to apply
Please note, this role is office-based, so only apply if you would like to work in the office full-time. We are looking at candidates who can start in January 2022. Starting salary of £22,000 with the opportunity for rapid progression based on performance.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org attaching your portfolio, CV and Covering Letter (please attach the Cover Letter and CV separately from to the main body of the email).
To strengthen your application please don’t use your covering letter as an extension of your CV, but demonstrate what sets you apart from your peer group and why you would like to work for Revealing Reality.
We also have a short task for you.
Our portfolio https://productions.revealingreality.co.uk/) reveals a sample of some of the work we produce. Which one is your favourite? What can we do to make it better?
Please also let us know who inspires you. Tell us about three inspiring people/ companies/ creatives or pieces of work. Let us into what you think is amazing and what we can work towards. There are no wrong answers.
Deadline for applications is: 02/12/2021