As part of our paid graduate internship scheme, we have opportunities starting in January/February 2020 for aspiring and enthusiastic Junior Researchers who are keen to develop a career in applied research that brings about change in the world.
Joining our graduate paid internship programme, you will be active in supporting a dynamic team and learning the ropes of agency research. Our research focuses on engaging with many people from all walks of life, delving deep into their lives to uncover information that has never before been explored, then communicating those key insights to those who need to hear them.
As a Junior Researcher, you will be fully involved from day one, helping both with everyday tasks as well as immersing yourself in complex challenges. The successful applicant(s) will have the opportunity to be part of our research team to deliver a series of exciting projects across a wide range of subjects, getting to experience first-hand the demands and rewards of agency life.
There is much to learn here, and we are fully committed to our graduate programme, providing the tools and resources for you to succeed. However, you should also be prepared to be proactive and seek support where needed. Do not be afraid to ask for help, as engaging and learning from fellow colleagues throughout all levels of the business is a culture that we encourage and will provide you with the keys to succeed. You will need to be someone who will have your eye on ‘tomorrow’ knowing that you have the initiative and ambition to seize opportunities that this business can offer you. If you are successful in demonstrating this during an initial 3-month probationary period, then the internship will almost certainly convert into a permanent role.
This opportunity suits a confident, inquisitive person, genuinely interested in people and who are naturally analytically minded and detail orientated. A successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit with a mind to understanding the wider impact of the work we do here. A social sciences or journalism background is an advantage but not essential.
Revealing Reality is a cutting-edge social research agency, inspired by helping drive positive social change. Based in Clapham Common, London, we are multi-disciplinary team of researchers, film makers and creative designers in a business that’s innovating, challenging assumptions and taking a position at the front of research and consultancy. We regularly conduct research for industry leaders such as Google, BBC, NHS, Ofcom, Macmillan Cancer Support and various governmental departments.
We mix professionalism with investigative and strategic thinking in an open and highly collaborative work environment. Our aim is to deliver rich, robust and impactful behavioural insights for our clients across public, private and third-sector. We are passionate about our work, which is only possible because we have committed and open-minded employees who are willing to brave new territory, deliver above client expectations and help them uncover truths and deliver change.
The people that do well here are:
- Able to demonstrate outstanding interpersonal skills, willing to do the work required and be at the forefront of telling a great story. Storytelling is imperative to making our research valuable, communicating and engaging effectively to those who need to hear it.
- Those who are hungry to learn and relish an opportunity to question why they are doing things in a certain way.
- People who exhibit adaptability and flexibility within their job responsibilities and who are determined and tenacious to drive change, tend to thrive the most.
- Naturally want to find solutions to problems and have a roll-up your sleeves attitude
- Our business is full of bright, motivated and ambitious people but there is no place here for arrogance. The people that thrive are ones that take ownership of their own development, learn by trying and often by making mistakes
- Are looking for a career not just a job, relish being challenged and encouraged to think innovatively
- Act with confidence and integrity – we promote a high-performance culture, but where the ability to instil trust is mandatory
- Have a desire to add value to the business; showing initiative to develop professional skills and be rewarded for their efforts
- Enjoy working independently, but strongly value team work – we have a strong team culture here and the people who exhibit adaptability and flexibility within their job responsibilities and who are determined to drive change, tend to thrive the most
- Appreciate that being computer literate is a necessity, including proficiency in the use of smartphones and MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
CULTURE AT REVEALING REALITY
We balance our commitment to work by looking after our staff, offering perks including Friday night drinks, strength training, running club, socials, film, photography and book clubs.
Our office is a newly refurbished and converted ballroom, it’s a sociable, friendly and collaborative environment with a range of flexible workspaces to enable creative thinking including a library, creative workspace and large garden. We are a highly innovative business, so this is much more than just a job, working at Revealing Reality is hugely rewarding, every day is different and the work is genuinely interesting.
The people that work here are highly adaptable and relish the challenge of being involved in thinking about complex policy issues and tough commercial challenges. Demonstrating the ability to grasp new skills quickly and show initiative is always recognised and rewarded.
Some of the things you’ll be doing from day one:
- Background research and literature reviews on topics relating to projects and client briefs
- Recruitment of respondents and organising fieldwork
- Support with fieldwork design and development of research materials
- Carrying out in-depth interviews nationwide
- Organising, analysing and processing data
- Helping deliver client workshops and presentations, and preparing deliverables
- Supporting the management of projects, and thinking entrepreneurially
- Contribute to writing project proposals
HOW TO APPLY
We are looking at candidates who can start January/February 2021. Interviews are expected to start in January. Starting salary of £20,000 with the opportunity for rapid progression based on performance.
To apply, please email email@example.com attaching your CV and Covering Letter (please attach both documents separately to the main body of the email). We would like you to outline your academic qualifications and any previous internships or voluntary experience.
To strengthen your application please demonstrate how your life experience gained to date is relevant to this role, what you can offer and why you would like to work for Revealing Reality. Furthermore, in light of the current circumstances, we would like you to outline in your covering letter what you have applied yourself to over the lockdown periods, what you have learnt and how this has impacted your world view and ambitions.
Deadline for applications: December 18th at 11.55pm. At the time of starting their employment, the successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK.