We are looking for an inquisitive, creatively minded and entrepreneurially spirited Graduate, who is a budding Motion Graphics Designer and Visual Storyteller to join our dedicated film team. This is a newly created opportunity ideal for someone fascinated by both the emergence of new film techniques, particularly animation and who also has an interest in people. These films could take the form of animated typography, infographics, to short explainer videos on journeys and systems. This is a perfect role for someone genuinely excited about creating meaningful films that integrate graphics with real human behaviour.
ABOUT REVEALING REALITY:
Based in Clapham Common, London (zone 2) and close to the tube, we mix creativity, professionalism and strategic thinking with an open and highly collaborative work environment. We pride ourselves on having a fantastic team of researchers, filmmakers and creative designers who are passionate about their work; working on challenging but meaningful research projects for some industry leading clients including Google, BBC, eBay, Ofcom and Macmillan Cancer Support. Our aim is to deliver rich, robust and impactful behavioural insights in the most creative way possible for all our clients across the public, private, and third-sector. Our work is only possible because we have committed and open-minded employees who are willing to brave new territory and deliver above client expectations. Our film specialist team is integral to this and to the overall growth of the business.
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE HERE:
We guarantee you will learn something new here every day. From day 1 there are so many opportunities to utilise your visual storytelling interests and skills here; from producing & editing film, to sharing & investing in your passion for technology.
To start your career and be successful here you will not be afraid of getting your hands dirty with film production however you will also be excited by the idea of conceptualising and will share our vision and innovative thinking. We genuinely support ambition and people here progress because they seize opportunities. This is a role that we feel will be instrumental in expanding our visual offering across the business. People that take initiative here are always recognised and rewarded.
It’s not all work – we balance our commitment to work with our passion for looking after our people: from morning yoga, running club & table tennis to free breakfasts and frequent socials such as Friday BBQs and film nights. Everything we do socially is designed to be fun and inclusive.
A few specifics of the role from day 1:
- We would want you to conceptualise and fully understand the storytelling process within the context of our research.
- You will have responsibility for designing, editing, analysing and developing animated videos, produced either by yourself or the wider research team.
- Must have good working knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, other relevant software in the Adobe CC suite, software and external plugins.
- Skills in character design are not essential but a passion to grow these skills and look for the best ways to integrate these into projects would be highly desirable.
- Being able to draw quickly on the wonderful work we do, we would need you to help organise and maintain our growing database of videos.
- A key requirement would be a natural passion for new software and technology and the ability to integrate it into a whole range of new projects.
- With creativity, also comes the need for strong organisational skills. We often work at a fast pace where accuracy and meeting deadlines are essential. All interesting roles require you to be able prioritise when needed, think logically and strategically whenever you can. We would need you to stay energetic yet calm and positive under pressure, competently dealing with changes whenever they occur.
- We reward those that are committed to adding value to the business, you can do this by constantly showing initiative.
- We are a professional but very friendly culture, it is essential that you share these traits with excellent interpersonal skills, a down to earth manor and can demonstrate that you are able to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of clients/people.
- We are a team here, but everyone needs to be able to work independently too and there is always a need to be flexible in terms of your role responsibilities.
- We would expect you to have excellent computer literacy. We ask that you are confident using MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- You absolutely need to have an inquisitive and open mind, and a thirst for learning. We believe we can then offer you an environment that will genuinely go a long way to feed your ambition.
HOW TO APPLY
We are very excited about growing this part of the business and the role is to start ASAP. For the opportunity to join our amazing team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org attaching your CV and covering letter (please attach both documents separately to the main body of the email).
We want to understand a little more about your current thinking, so please include a short paragraph explaining your experience and interest in animation and what you understand about research and the role of visual storytelling in the research industry (this is important, and your application may not be considered without it).
Thank you for your interest.