We are looking for an inquisitive, creatively minded and entrepreneurially spirited Graduate, who is a budding videographer, editor and visual storyteller to join our dedicated production team. The opportunity is ideal for someone fascinated by both the emergence of new techniques and experimentation – particularly in film, photography, 360/VR. This is a perfect role for someone genuinely excited about creating meaningful films on real human behaviour, that make a difference.
Based in Clapham Common, London (zone 2) and close to the tube, we mix creativity, professionalism and strategic thinking with an open and highly collaborative work environment. We pride ourselves on having a fantastic team of researchers, filmmakers and creative designers who are passionate about their work; working on challenging but meaningful research projects for some industry leading clients including Google, BBC, British Red Cross, Ofcom and Macmillan Cancer Support. Our aim is to deliver rich, robust and impactful behavioural insights in the most creative way possible for all our clients across the public, private, and third-sector. Our work is only possible because we have committed and open-minded employees who are willing to brave new territory and deliver above client expectations. Our specialist production team is integral to this and to the overall growth of the business.
MORE ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY HERE
We guarantee you will learn something new here every day. From day 1 there are so many opportunities to utilise your visual storytelling interests and skills here; from producing film, to sharing & investing your passion for technology.
To start your career and be successful here you will not be afraid of getting your hands dirty with producing documentary style films, however you will also be excited by the idea of conceptualising and sharing our vision and innovative thinking. We genuinely support ambition and people here progress because they seize opportunities. This is a role that we feel will be instrumental in expanding our visual offering across the business. People that take initiative here are always recognised and rewarded.
Our aim is to deliver rich, robust and impactful behavioural insights in the most creative way possible for all our clients across the public, private, and third-sector. Our work is only possible because we have committed and open-minded employees who are willing to brave new territory and deliver above client expectations. Our film production department, although a relatively small team is growing and completely valued as integral to the overall growth of the business.
To see more about what we do – please take a look at:
It’s not all work – we balance our commitment to work with a commitment to looking after our people: from morning yoga to free breakfasts and frequent socials such as Friday BBQs and film nights. Everything we do socially is designed to be fun and inclusive.
Essential Day to Day Requirements of this Role
- Understanding the creative process
- A passion for new technology and seeing ways of being able to integrate these into new projects
- Knowledge of Canon DSLR’s / video cameras
- Some knowledge of Premiere Pro and After Effects
- Knowledge of Photoshop and other Creative Suite apps
- Technical understanding of video and audio codecs
- Extremely strong organisational skills, with the desire to work in an environment of rapid growth and an ability to deal with last minute changes
- A desire to add value to a business, showing intuition to professionally develop and be rewarded for your efforts
- Excellent interpersonal skills; be able to demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions
- An ability to prioritise, thinking logically and strategically, staying energetic and positive under pressure
- Able to work independently as well as in a team and flexibility in terms of job responsibilities
- Highly computer literate with great knowledge of smartphones, MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
HOW TO APPLY
The role is to start ASAP.
For the chance to join our team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Attach a separate cover letter and CV to an email
- Within your cover letter, please include a short paragraph explaining what you understand about research and the role of film in the research industry (this is really important and your application may not be considered without it)
- Attaching your current CV, highlighting your relevant experience
- Links to your current show reel
Please note at the time of starting their employment, the successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK.
Thank you for your interest.