BUSINESS MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATE
This is a role where you will have the freedom to progress in whatever direction you choose.
You’ll join our operations team – the heart of Revealing Reality, starting off by learning a range of skills that contribute to the daily running of the business. You’ll use your strengths to work on a variety of projects, whether it be getting the best out of people, to financial management or communications - you will be involved in pivotal areas that enable the success of our growing company.
Many members of our operations team have joined the company and then made the role their own, from communications, new business strategy, people and culture, and finance. Being the core of the business, we need someone who is keen to make things happen. Once you have mastered the basics, we’d expect you to progress to more complex internal systems innovation, people and project management to increased involvement in supporting the leadership team in shaping the culture of the business.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE
We are looking for someone curious and ambitious to learn about running and managing a successful business.
Perhaps you are a graduate looking for your first step on the career ladder? Or maybe you are someone with a bit more experience who’s in a role you know isn’t quite right and you’re still searching for the right opportunity? You may not be entirely certain what you want to do, but you are open, excited to learn and want to contribute to a business that works in a fascinating industry which is driving positive change for clients whilst influencing policy. This is an environment which supports your growth and development, where you will never to stop learning.
You want a role that allows you to develop key skills and knowledge that are integral to running a growing business with big plans for the future. You are intelligent, with good problem-solving capabilities, great attention to detail, a strong communicator both verbally and written and most of all you like to take action to make things happen.
We don’t have an exact mould for the ideal candidate; you could be a keen writer who would be a great fit for the communications or bid-writing elements of the business, or you might have a knack for developing new ways of working to help the business run efficiently and grow. Whatever your skills and interests there are certain key traits we look for in all our candidates…
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is hungry for opportunity and will question why they are doing things in a certain way.
- Naturally wants to find solutions to problems and has a roll-up your sleeves attitude
- Is confident in taking ownership of their own development, learn by trying and often by making mistakes
- Is looking for a career not just a job, relish being challenged and encouraged to think innovatively.
- Gets their drive and energy from operating at a fast pace and thrive on solving problems in an evolving environment.
- Acts with confidence and integrity – we promote a high-performance culture, but where the ability to instil trust is mandatory.
- Has a desire to add value to the business; showing initiative to develop professional skills and be rewarded for their efforts
- Demonstrates outstanding interpersonal skills, an ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a wide range of both colleagues and clients
- Is able to communicate effectively with excellent written and verbal skills
- Is confident working independently, but strongly value team work – we have a strong team culture here and the people who exhibit adaptability and flexibility within their job responsibilities and who are determined to drive change, tend to thrive the most.
- Appreciates that being computer literate is a necessity and holds a good working knowledge of smartphones, MS Office, inc Word, Excel and PowerPoint
HOW TO APPLY
We are very excited about growing the operations team within the business. The role is to start ASAP. For the opportunity to join our amazing team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org attaching your CV and covering letter (please attach both documents separately to the main body of the email).
We want to understand a little more about your current thinking, so please make sure that you submit a short paragraph explaining why you would make a great addition to team. (This is important and your application may not be considered without it).
You must have a 2:1 (or on track to achieve) in any degree discipline. If this is not the case, please acknowledge it in your application.
Please note: At the time of starting their employment, the successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK.
Thank you for your interest.